Job Description: Bookkeeper
Manager – Accounting Services
The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and generates reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
• Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
• Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
• Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
The bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Developing Standards, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills, Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, and Thoroughness.